Training and Education
What type of financial assistance can you provide to help me go back to school?
The Job Training Center offers a scholarship intended to assist individuals meet their training and employment goals. Our scholarship includes intensive career coaching, job search assistance and educational scholarships up to $2,000. The scholarship can cover costs such as tuition, required materials, parking fees, campus/health fees and licensing fees. On a case-by-case basis the scholarship can also cover mileage to and from the training site and childcare during training hours.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- Over 18 years old
- Able to provide sufficient documentation to work in the United States
- Males born after Jan. 1, 1960, must be registered with Selective Service
The following categories are given preference in scholarship selection: Individuals affected by a business closure, massive layoff, job displacement, veterans, and those who have been affected by the loss of financial support and experiencing difficulty gaining employment. Each of the above categories are determined on a case-by-case basis. The Job Training Center reserves the right to determine eligibility for the aforementioned categories. Job Training Center is an Equal Opportunity Service Provider.
Short Term Training
Skills are important, but not all training means going back to school for several years. Here are some examples of short term training and certificate programs:
– Includes computer, alternative energy, healthcare, management and more.
– Free online courses from top universities like Stanford, MIT, Harvard and more…yes it’s FREE!
E-Scholar Free GED preparation – (530) 527-0188
– Free online global classroom revolutionizing the face of education. From K-12 math to business finance to computer science to SAT test prep, it’s here.
– A variety of short term courses available.
If you are interested in applying for Job Training Center’s Scholarship please sign-up for an upcoming Scholarship Information Meeting by calling Job Training Center at 530.529.7000 or emailing email@example.com.