Welcome to the Job Training Center! Whether you’re looking for your first job, a new job, making plans for a radical career change, adding a skill or going back to school, we’re here to help.
All kinds of tools, tips and links to help you with job search and the interview process.
Training and Education
The best jobs require some type of skill. Learn what is in demand and how to locate training. Short and long term training programs are identified. Links to colleges and training providers.
Teens and Young Adults
Links, resources and ideas for young adults planning their futures.
Attend a Workshop
Job Search – Best and worst ways to job search
Cover Letter – Do’s and Don’ts of writing a cover letter and what employers really want to see.
Resume – Learn how to best express your skills to an employer.
Interview – Learn to verbalize your skills and answer the most difficult questions.
Scholarship – Learn how to apply for JTC’s educational scholarship to help fund your training.
Career Direction – Become familiar with local industry information, career assessment tools and tips.
Career Center Services
- High speed Internet access for job search.
- Use of fax machines, copier and printers.
- Appointments with career and talent development staff.
- Resume templates, guides, and samples.
- Hot jobs board with local and regional listings.
- Short-term computer classes.
- Knowledgeable, friendly staff.
- On site Shasta College counseling appointments.
- Typing tests
- JTC Standard Application
- Solicitud para Empleo (Coming Soon)
- Applicant Questionnaire – Hospitality, Food Service, Retail & Labor