Wage Range: Minimum wage
Established in 1997, Herrick Grapevines began life in St Helena, CA to meet the needs of Napa Valley vineyards and wineries looking to find a new source of grapevines for their vineyards. Demand for our quality grapevines spread across California and eventually throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We now proudly supply grapevines to all corners of North America. Herrick Grapevines originated as an offshoot of Cottage Gardens Nursery’s greenhouse operation on South Whitehall Lane in St Helena. Now, located in its new home of Red Bluff, CA, Herrick Grapevines is looking for employees to set roots and grow with them.
Work in nursery facilities or at customer location planting, cultivating, harvesting, and transplanting plants. No formal educational credential. Short-term on-the-job training will be provided. May be subject to background check and drug screening
- Basic agricultural
- Understanding of safety rules regarding tools and heat, as well as company guidelines of behavior.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Basic computer skills to make labels for plants or data entry if skills allow for it (training provided).
- Requires repetitive movement, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, walking, bending, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures, working indoors and outdoors
- Plant, spray, weed, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
- Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
- Clean work areas, and maintain grounds and landscaping.
- Apply chemical solutions to plants to protect against disease or insects or to enhance growth.
- Package agricultural products for shipment or further processing.
- Clean equipment or facilities.
- Harvest agricultural products.
- Plant crops, trees, or other plants.
- Prepare land for agricultural use.
- Transport crops, or equipment.
- Mark agricultural products for identification and Recognize Varieties, clones, and Rootstocks.
- Maintain operational records of Inventory, production quantities, loss, shipping, packing, cold room entry and exits.
- Mulch spreaders
- Rotary spreaders
- Greenhouse ventilation systems
- Humidity systems
- Pruning saws
- Floral snips
- Fruit pruners
- Hook-and-blade pruners
- Bench grafting knives
- Budding knives
- Fruit budding knives
- Grafting knives & machines
- Pruning knives
To Apply: Apply in person at 11810 Hwy 99E, Red Bluff Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00am – 3:30pm. If the gates are closed, please call 707-967-8000, or 530-908-8096.