Wage: $15 per hour Schedule: Weekdays 2pm – 10pm, Full time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Vacation; Sick leave; Holidays; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life; Retirement
Location: Red Bluff, California
Seeking an experienced Housing Assistant to provide direct support to the Housing Program and ensure compliance in the operation and security of all housing facilities.
This position is part of an overall team that provides wide-ranging housing services including, but not limited to: ensuring housing is clean, organized, and in good working order; preparing rooms for new clients; advocacy support, accompaniment and/or transportation to shelter or housing clients as directed; mentoring and supporting clients in developing everyday life skills; facilitating housing meetings; process donations, supplies, and food; documentation of services provided to clients and other job related duties as assigned.
- Ensure all housing facilities meet agency guidelines for cleanliness, neatness, organization, and good working order of overall housing facilities
- Review and update logbook at the beginning and end of each shift
- Deep clean the facility as needed
- Process donations, supplies, and food
- Mentor and support clients in developing everyday life skills
- Work with Case Manager to support individual case plans as directed
- Complete shift duties consistently and other tasks as assigned
- Report safety concerns to Housing Manager in a timely manner
- We are looking for someone who is dependable with reliable transportation.
- CA driver’s license and maintain proof of current auto insurance.
- Experience and education in the fields of housing, case management, or other applicable areas is preferred.
- Requires good listening and communication skills, good decision-making and attention to detail. Professional etiquette.
- Must operate and comply with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Computer skills, specifically Outlook (email, calendar, contacts), and basic WORD and Excel. Willingness to use technology is required.
- Good organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to relate in a non-judgmental, empathetic and supportive way.
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries.
- Working knowledge of community resources.
- Experience working with clients in crisis.
- Bilingual communication skills (Spanish) a plus.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com