Brickyard Creek Apartments
Full Time Position / Monday – Friday
Wage: $14.50 -16.00 per hour, DOE, with a 2-bedroom apartment
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Group Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave and Paid Personal Leave, Paid Holidays and 2-bedroom apartment
The Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) is a private nonprofit affordable housing corporation. The role of the Resident Manager is to ensure the fiscal and physical integrity of their property as well as create a safe and healthy community for tenants. The Resident Manager shall consistently adhere to all regulations and maintain compliance for the property,. Maintain regular office hours and be on call other hours. Become knowledgeable tin and appropriately enforce the terms of the lease agreement and house rules. Process applications. Perform move ins and move outs.
- Experience in property management preferred.
- Must have high school education or equivalent.
- Must have reliable vehicle and current valid California Driver’s license and be insurable under the criteria established by CHIP’s general liability carrier
- Must provide current proof of insurance at the levels specified by the CHIP travel policy.
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English.
- Must become Tax Credit certified within 6 months of hire (agency pays for certifications).
- Able to operate windows-based personal computer programs including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Capable of utilizing internet-based property management software (after being trained).
- Courteous, tactful, diplomatic, and appropriate in interactions with coworkers, tenants, and vendors, accepting of cultural diversity and the economic and social situations of low-income individuals.
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision to prioritize, juggle, and complete tasks in timely manner.
- Ability to do creative thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution as an individual or a team.
- Ability to understand and follow Fair Housing Laws.
- Ability to comply with policies regarding tenant confidentiality.
- Ability to appropriately represent the community & CHIP to the public and potential applicants.
- Ability to complete accounting/bookkeeping tasks.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
To Apply: Visit the CHIP website, fill out the application and upload your resume.