Brickyard Creek Apartments
Full Time Position / Monday – Friday / 8:30am to 5:00pm
Wage: $15.00-17.00 per hour, DOE
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Group Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
The Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) is a private nonprofit affordable housing corporation. The role of the Maintenance Technician is to provide high quality service to the Brickyard Creek Apartment community to ensure a safe and healthy environment for residents.
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy in a timely fashion, including cleaning, painting, and completion of any necessary repairs.
- Complete Work Orders, record cost of materials/supplies and hours worked
- Provide general maintenance as assigned, ensuring work is completed in a timely fashion.
May include any or all of the following:
- Make sure walkways are clear of debris and trip hazards
- Pick-up litter/trash from grounds, clean laundry rooms and community room
- Inspect property exteriors, log any defects, make repairs where needed.
- Handle emergencies during normal work hours as well as being on call after hours.
- Maintenance experience required
- Must have reliable vehicle, current valid California Driver’s license and be insurable under the criteria established by CHIP’s general liability carrier. Must provide current proof of insurance at the levels specified by the CHIP travel policy.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and basic maintenance skills.
- Ability to operate power and manual equipment and tools
- Must be a team player, able to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, co-workers and supervisors.
- Able to follow written instructions in English.
- Willing to carry a cell phone 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform basic functions on a computer.
- May be required to perform maintenance in severe weather conditions.
- Willing and able to drive own vehicle as needed to service properties in various locations.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
To Apply: Visit the CHIP website, fill out the application and upload your resume.