Company Summary: Capay Farms, Inc., located in Orland, CA manages over 10,000 acres of almond and walnut orchards. We are currently looking for an experienced full-time Office Manager; Mon-Fri. 8-5. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid vacation/sick time/holidays.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Office Manager is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Capay Farms office through a range of administrative, financial, and managerial tasks. The Office Manager will ensure all office systems are operating smoothly and oversees various staff in multiple capacities.
Description of Job Duties:
- Organizes office operations, policies, and procedures; designs filing systems; and manages all office purchases and ensures all items are purchased within the Capay Farms purchasing policy.
- Manages procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, and disposal of organizations documents
- Maintains the company’s accounting procedures that follow the industry standards and communicates any issues timely to the CFO.
- Assists in the month end closing processes, completes necessary adjusting entries, and develops supporting schedules by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Processes cash receipts, direct deposits and electronic transfers through CFI operating accounts.
- Works with the management team to complete farm reports including, but not limited to, compliance, watershed, farm activities, supplemental financial reports, and soil & erosion.
- Maintains all PG&E and Watershed information on the company’s master list including, but not limited to, reconciliation of payments, setting up new services, coordinating with field to understand requirements, and working with ownership on rebates or reports.
- Maintains the Capay Farms vendor list, identify ideal suppliers, assist management in bidding and purchasing processes, and maintains all required vendor documents.
- Works with the HR Department to grant office employees access after successfully completing the probationary period including email, phone and computer setup; review office related procedures; and distribute office and gate keys.
- Coordinates team building activities and company events, encourages a strong company culture including but not limited to, community outreach, sponsorship opportunities, Christmas/Harvest party planning, and company outings.
- Supervises office staff and ensures workload is distributed equally amongst the team.
- Assists in all other duties/ projects as directed by the CFO including harvest support.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- 1-3 years of work experience in finance, accounting, or bookkeeping
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products