Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
Position Summary: Responsibilities include troubleshooting, testing, repair and installation of central office and network communications equipment to ensure optimal performance and reliable services to our customers; maintaining central office and network equipment, installing new network equipment; and locating business and residential copper and fiber-optic communication cable.
This position requires proficient skills with common computer applications, DC power, telco grounding standards, small hand and power tools, and telecommunications testing equipment. Training and/or certification related to IP Networking is recommended. The ability to lift up to 100 pounds and the ability to work with and without close supervision is required. Willing to participate in Company programs of community involvement, and giving back to the community in which they serve.
This position requires the performance of assigned tasks in the service deployment and trouble resolution arena for a wide range of telecommunications and data services deployed by the Company. That includes performing any or all tasks listed below and any others assigned at the Company’s discretion.
- Consults with engineers on outside plant designs.
- Responsible for staking of lines on all new projects
- Work with CAD mapping and facilities records system.
- Placing and maintaining cable within underground conduit systems as well as direct buried cable using a trenching equipment, backhoe, and hand digging.
- Splices, terminates, and maintains copper and fiber optic cable.
- Verifies cable counts, and prepares groups of pairs for splicing.
- Responsible of proper care and maintenance of all Company property and will be monitored by the Manager.
- Availability to work long days, weekends and at times overtime
- Must always perform task within required work place safety practices.
- Responsible for familiarization and operation of all company supplied testing gear.
- Responsible for doing USA cable locates.
- Provide technical support for DTC customers in need.
- Must possess ability to multitask and manage multiple project and assigned task to completion in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently or effectively in a team environment.
- Specialized training in computer science: 2 years (Preferred)
- Internet customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required) License:
- Valid CA driver’s license (Required)
To Apply: Email your resume and Standard Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a complete job flier